The SWS Career Development Committee has launched a new initiative to support and engage applied sociologists. This new website portal is focused entirely on topics and concerns related to applied sociology. For example, you will find:
- Biographies of SWS applied sociologists, done in partnership with Applied Worldwide
- Blog posts by applied sociologists and/or about applied sociology
- Podcast episodes by applied sociologists and/or about applied sociology
- Video interviews with applied sociologists
the website also provides info on how to join the SWS applied listserv, for those SWS members who are interested in and/or currently engaged in applied sociology.
Other applied initiatives being launched include:
- Mentoring for applied sociologists, including one-on-one matches as well as peer group mentoring
- Webinars on applied sociology
- Workshops/panel presentations on applied sociology at SWS meetings
- A formal statement on applied sociology for SWS
- The potential for creating an Applied Sociology Award for SWS (or integrating applied into the Social Action award)
- Lots more!