2022 SWS Winter Meeting
Thursday, March 31 – April 3, 2022
Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico
“Rethinking Feminist Sociologies in the Era of Global Pandemics”
SWS President, Roberta Villalón
In-Person Registration for March 31-April 3, 2022 : https://sws.memberclicks.net/2022wmregistration
Pre-Registration Deadline: March 23, 2022
View Registration Information here: https://socwomen.org/winter-meeting-2022-registration-information/
Transportation Options from ABQ Airport to the Hyatt Regency Tamaya:
Santa Fe Valet, 505-424-2171, https://santafevalet.com/
Q-Cab, 505-533-0867, 505-403-4129
Z-Trip (Used to be Yellow Cab of Albuquerque), 505-247-8888, https://www.ztrip.com/new-mexico/
Daniel’s Taxi Club, Office: 505-243-6800, Cell: 505-369-9035
Mark Personal Driver, 575-224-5799
Private Car Service, 505-660-3227
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE MANDATED FOR PARTICIPATION
Please note that you must be a current SWS Member to register for the 2022 Winter Meeting
- Join or Renew your SWS Membership Today: sws.memberclicks.net
- Request a Sponsored Membership for 2022: https://sws.memberclicks.net/request2022
- View Call for Papers here: https://socwomen.org/winter-meeting-2022-call-for-papers/
- View Submission and Participation Details here: https://socwomen.org/winter-meeting-2022-call-for-papers-submission-and-participation-details/
- View Registration Information here: https://socwomen.org/winter-meeting-2022-registration-information/
- View Plenaries Information here: https://socwomen.org/2022-sws-winter-meeting-plenaries-information/
- View 2022 Winter Committee Meetings here: https://socwomen.org/2022-winter-committee-meetings/
- Direct link to the Virtual Meeting Platform: https://sws.mclms.net/en/connect/memberclicks
- Moderators Guide – Prepared by Chriss Sneed (2018)
- Virtual Meeting Registration Form Includes Live-Streamed Programming from March 31-April 3, 2022: https://sws.
- Restaurant Recommendations for New Mexico
- Activities to Do
- 2022 Winter Meeting Plenary and Presidential Panel Speakers Bios
- SWS Program Committee Chair: Tracy Ore
- SWS Program Committee Members: Alexis Grant-Panting; Andrea (Drea) S. Boyles; Chriss Sneed; Erika Busse-Cardenas; Erika Marquez; Esther Hernández-Medina; Ghassan Moussawi; Nancy López; Ӧzlem Altıok; stef shuster; Tristen Kade; Veronica Montes
- SWS Local Arrangements Committee Members: Lisa Broidy, Georgiann Davis, Jessica Goodkind, Maricarmen Hernandez, Nancy López, Ranita Ray, and Assata Zerai
The 2022 SWS Winter Meeting will be taking place in person!!! We are contracting with the Hyatt Tamaya Resort & Spa at Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico. You might recall that we had our Winter Meeting there in 2013 when Bandana Purkayastha was President. High vaccination rates, safety protocols, contributing to the Santa Ana Pueblo economy, and the beautiful location that offers a retreat-like experience for us to recharge as a feminist community guided our principles for making this selection. We will be contracting a room rate which is comparable to what SWS members paid for a room night at our last in-person meeting at Paradise Point in San Diego in 2020. Moreover, to address affordability, we will provide a series of mechanisms to help members offset travel costs.
Recognizing that some members may not attend in person, we will have some virtual programming both before and after the 2022 Winter Meeting. We are also working out the details to have some of the programming live streamed or recorded for later viewing on our forthcoming YouTube Channel. Stay tuned for updates and for the opening of the submission system.
As in the past, we will offer childcare services, a lactation space, and gender-neutral restrooms, and we will accommodate dietary needs.
- Submissions Deadline: November 5, 2021
- Notices of Acceptance: During the Week of November 30, 2021 (By Friday, December 3, 2021)
- Registration Opens: During the Week of November 30, 2021 (By Friday, December 3, 2021)
- Final Program Released: January 28, 2022
- Thursday, March 31 from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Pre-Conference Workshop: Transnational Feminist Praxis Post-COVID
- Chair: Erika Marquez, Icesi University
- Co-Leaders: Beatriz Padilla, University of South Florida, Minwoo Jung, Loyola University Chicago, Assata Zerai, University of New Mexico, Alicia Re Cruz, University of North Texas, Pallavi Banerjee, University of Calgary
Cost Share: We will have our usual cost share system in place, but we have decided to increase the maximum amount of funding you can request by $50. You can now be reimbursed up to $350 from SWS to cover the cost of transportation and the cost of your stay at the Hyatt Tamaya Resort & Spa at Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico.
We encourage those of you who need funds for travel to apply and those of you who might have extra funds leftover from your research or travel budgets to refrain from making this request from SWS.
Please direct questions about submissions and participation to Barret Katuna, Executive Officer, at email@example.com
Special Thanks to the 2022 Winter Meeting Sponsors!
The University of New Mexico Department of Sociology Congratulates Georgiann Davis, the 2022 SWS Feminist Activism Awardee.
For more information on SAGE Publishing, please visit: https://group.sagepub.com/about
For more information on University of North Texas Women’s and Gender Studies, please visit: https://womensstudies.unt.edu/