ASA has announced the results of the 2023 ASA elections.
Congratulations to the newly elected members
of the ASA leadership team.
Adia Harvey Wingfield, past SWS President and past SWS Vice President, is the 2024 President-Elect of ASA. Allison J. Pugh, University of Virginia is the 2024 Vice President-Elect of ASA.
SWS also highlights and congratulates the following
SWS members on their new ASA roles!
- President-Elect: Adia Harvey Wingfield, Washington University in St. Louis
- Committee on Committees: Sadie Pendaz-Foster, Inver Hills Community College
- Nominating Committee: Nadia Y. Kim, Loyola Marymount University
- Publications Committee: Zakiya Luna, Washington University in St. Louis
- Retirement Network Advisory Board: Judith A. Howard, University of Washington
- Altruism, Morality, and Social Solidarity (Council Member):Candice C. Robinson, University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Asia and Asian America (Council Members): Olivia Y. Hu, University of Pennsylvania
- Collective Behavior and Social Movements (Council): Didem Turkoglu, Kadir Has University
- Collective Behavior and Social Movements (Council Member, Student): Jalia Joseph, Texas A&M University
- Collective Behavior and Social Movements (Membership, Diversity, and Inclusion): Soma Chaudhuri, Michigan State University
- Comparative-Historical Sociology (Chair-Elect): Cedric de Leon, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Comparative-Historical Sociology (Council Members): Marisela Martinez-Cola, Morehouse College
- Family (Chair-Elect): Liana Sayer, University of Maryland, College Park
- Global and Transnational Sociology (Council): Minwoo Jung, Loyola University Chicago
- Latina/o Sociology (Chair-Elect): Salvador Vidal-Ortiz, American University
- Medical Sociology (Student Representative): J’Mauri Jackson, Indiana University Bloomington
- Organizations, Occupations, and Work (Council Members): Aliya Rao, London School of Economics
- Peace, War, and Social Conflict (Chair-Elect): Selina Gallo-Cruz, Syracuse University
- Race, Gender, and Class (Chair-Elect): Ghassan Moussawi, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Race, Gender, and Class (Council Members): Marisela Martinez-Cola, Morehouse College
- Race, Gender, and Class (Student Council Members): Carla Salazar Gonzalez, University of California, Los Angeles
- Racial and Ethnic Minorities (Student Member): Melissa Villarreal, University of Colorado Boulder
- Science, Knowledge, and Technology (Student Representatives): Hayden Fulton, University of South Florida
- Sociological Practice and Public Sociology (Secretary/Treasurer): Carrie Smith, Millersville University
- Sociology of Body and Embodiment (Council Member, Student): Jinsun Yang, University of Oregon
- Sociology of Consumers and Consumption (Chair-Elect): Amanda Koontz, University of Central Florida
- Sociology of Education (Chair-Elect): Simone Ispa-Landa, Northwestern University
- Sociology of Human Rights (Council): Minwoo Jung, Loyola University Chicago
- Sociology of Indigenous Peoples and Native Nations (Secretary/Treasurer): Sofia Locklear, Western University
- Sociology of Indigenous Peoples and Native Nations (At Large Council Member): Carmela Roybal, University of New Mexico
- Sociology of Sex and Gender (Chair-Elect): Carla A. Pfeffer, Michigan State University
- Sociology of Sex and Gender (Secretary/Treasurer): Soma Chaudhuri, Michigan State University
- Sociology of Sexualities (Student Representatives): Alex Eleazar, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Teaching and Learning in Sociology (Council Members): Sadie Pendaz-Foster, Inver Hills Community College
To view all the new members of the ASA leadership team, please visit: https://www.asanet.org/about/governance-and-leadership/election/.