SOCIOLOGISTS FOR WOMEN IN SOCIETY PRESENT TWO PANELS AT THE: UNITED NATIONS CSW67 NGO PARALLEL EVENT
PANEL I: Global Lessons of Feminist Resistance and Coping During Turmoil
- Ӧzlem Altıok, Ph.D. “Digital learning, organizing and coping in the time of the pandemic: Lessons from Turkey.”
- Cecilia Idika Kalu, Ph.D. “Information technology & gender equality as tools of political empowerment in Africa.”
- Amanda DeLaby & Daria Quintero MS Students, Hollie Nyseth Nzitatira, Ph.D., Nicole Fox, Ph.D. “Political invisibility, mother-work and rural women: Rescuers in Rwanda.”
- Maro Youssef, Ph.D. “Transitional feminist coalitions: How activists cooperate beyond differences in Tunisia.”
- Andrea S. Boyles, Ph.D. “The Technology Dichotomy: Black women’s push for advancement in the age of digital misogynoir.”
MODERATOR: Nicole Fox, Ph.D.
DATE & TIME: 3/15/23 4:30 PM EST
LOCATION: CCUN, 777 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017 (on the corner of 44th St. and 1st Ave.) on the 8th Floor
ZOOM REGISTRATION: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwudu2sqzMtG9Fu1JNpMEE1dte1Zi3UD43b
PANEL II: Feminist Confrontations with Patriarchy in STEM, Education & Community Networks
- Assata Zerai, Ph.D., “Deploying the principles of feminist decoloniality as care (FEMDAC) to confront experiences with racial and intersectional microaggressions (RIMAs) among Black women faculty members in the U.S. and South Africa.”
- Karine Lepillez, MA, “Technology & pandemic adaptations for girls’ education: Centrality of mentoring relationships & situated learning.”
- Yasemin Besen-Cassino, Ph.D. “Gender Inequality in STEM education: A longitudinal study of interdisciplinary internships.”
- Meghna Dutta, Ph.D. Student, “The war on gender discrimination & Witch hunting in Assam, India.”
MODERATOR : Nicole Fox, Ph.D.
DATE & TIME: 3/17/23 4:30 PM EDT
ZOOM REGISTRATION: https://csus.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_U9v1AYqfSsec8nLSoaUnVA
Zoom Registration for Panel II on March 17.
Learn more about the SWS International Committee HERE
I am really interested in the topic