“Rethinking Feminist Sociologies in the Era of Global Pandemics – Part Two”
August 5-9, 2022, Los Angeles, CA
Roberta Villalón, President
Program Committee: Veronica Montes, Erika Busse-Cardenas, Alexis Grant-Panting, MaryAnn Vega, Tracy Ore
Summer 2022 Program Final, August 2
Register for the 2022 Summer Meeting: https://sws.memberclicks.net/2022smregistration
All SWS Members are welcome to connect via Zoom for a suggested donation of $10. The donation form: https://sws.memberclicks.net/2022-summer-meeting-live-stream.
Ride Share Form for 2022 Summer Meeting is located here: https://sws.memberclicks.net/22summerrs. We will download information from the Ride Share Form and will make it available to those who complete the form in late July.
2022 Summer Open Committee Meetings
Travel For more information, refer to: https://www.asanet.org/annual-meeting/2022-annual-meeting/hotels-and-travel
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- 16 miles from the LA Convention Center. Taxi service between Los Angeles International Airport and downtown Los Angeles is a flat rate per trip of $46.50 plus a $4.00 LAX surcharge (excluding tip). Allow 30 minutes for travel during normal traffic conditions and up to 60 minutes during rush hour. Information on other transportation options is available on the airport website.
- During construction, the Los Angeles International Airport has temporarily moved taxi and ride app pickups away from the terminals. To get to your taxi, or ride app services (Uber, Lyft, or Opoli), catch the free LAX-it shuttle outside baggage claim on level one. FAQs about LAX-it
- LAX FlyAway® buses provide scheduled ground transportation between LAX airport and Union Station. Buses depart LAX every 30 minutes, and one-way fare is $9.75. From Union Station, there are bus and Metro options to the downtown hotels. Take the Metro D Line (Purple) line to the 7th Street/Metro Center stop, which is a 13-minute walk from the JW Marriott LA LIVE. Map
- Free shuttle bus service is provided between LAX Airport terminals and the Metro C Line (Green) at Aviation Station. Take Metro C Line (Green) to Harbor Transitway. Transfer to the Metro J Line (Silver) 950. Stop at Figueroa Street and Olympic Boulevard, 3-minute walk to the JW Marriott LA LIVE. Map
- Los Angeles International Airport offers several accessibility services, for more information, click here. For information on how to navigate Los Angeles International Airport, please review the airport map.
Cost for Registration
Please be reminded that SWS Summer Meetings are held in tandem with the ASA Annual Meeting. As per a long-standing agreement between SWS and ASA, SWS Summer Meeting attendees must be registered for the ASA 2022 Annual Meeting.
We recognize that meeting costs add up, therefore, 50 complimentary ASA Annual Meeting Registrations will be granted to SWS Summer Meeting participants. [Note: The deadline to request this complimentary ASA Annual Meeting Registration (June 17, 2022) has now passed.] All SWS Summer Meeting participants are invited to apply for these complimentary ASA Meeting Registrations, but we will prioritize student members who do not have institutional support to participate, such as those who submitted papers to ASA, but were rejected and are unable to count on potential institutional funding. Moreover, SWS will subsidize the cost of Summer 2022 Meeting Registration by 30%, 20% or 10% by those who request funds, and will offer the opportunity for members to add 30%, 20% or 10% to their registration fees if they can pay more.
The cost of registering for the SWS Summer Meeting is $75 for higher income members, and $40 for students and retired members as well as members with an annual income lower than $40,000. Registration includes the Awards Banquet to be held on Sunday evening at the LA Convention Center. SWS members will also be able to watch the portions of the SWS Summer Meeting program that will be livestreamed for a suggested donation of $10.
Regarding Covid-19 protocols, all SWS attendees must comply with ASA Health Regulations.