SWS 2022 Winter Meeting
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
December 22, 2021
We have modified these protocols upon consultation with our legal team and updated CDC Guidelines.
SWS is carefully monitoring recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and others regarding the COVID-19 situation as we plan for the 2022 SWS Winter Meeting in Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico. Meeting attendees will be required to follow all health and safety protocols mandated at the time of the meeting.
We are dedicated to ensuring our attendees have a healthy and safe meeting experience. Based on current information, we are implementing the following protocols:
- Vaccinations are a mandated requirement for participation in the 2022 SWS Winter Meeting. We are collecting proof of vaccination from our attendees in our 2022 Winter Meeting Registration form.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots are highly recommended in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
- Exemption requests can be sent to email@example.com to be reviewed. If approved, proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arrival to Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico will be required for non-vaccinated attendees.
- We understand that minors under the age of 5 years of age who may be participating in our childcare programming are not presently eligible for vaccines. As soon as this changes, we will announce our policy in this regard.
- International travelers must follow CDC Travel Guidelines.
- According to the latest guidelines of the CDC and New Mexico, we will have a strict mask policy in all indoor public spaces of the meeting hotel. Masks that completely cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly are expected to be worn by all individuals in accordance with CDC recommendations. Check this link for further information on masks. For those who are immunocompromised or who have exemption from the mandate, they will be asked to wear masks both in indoor and outdoor public spaces. The use of masks outdoors by fully vaccinated attendees will be left to their best judgment.
- Social distancing will be recommended. Seating will be set up accordingly for all indoor and outdoor events, including receptions and SWS organized meals so when masks are taken off to eat or drink, we will still be distanced.
- The hotel staff will follow strict health and safety protocols, and the audiovisual support team will ensure cleanliness of microphones and other equipment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the event spaces. Moreover, attendees must follow thorough hand washing CDC recommendations.
- Childcare services and lactation rooms will follow similarly strict health and safety policies.
- Meeting attendees are asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver that will be part of the 2022 SWS Winter Meeting Registration form.
We will all play a role in keeping our meeting as safe as possible, so we expect attendees to be responsible and caring, including when leaving the hotel. If adjustments must be made due to changes reported by the CDC, we will communicate them promptly.
Please share any questions with SWS Executive Officer, Barret Katuna, at firstname.lastname@example.org.