Dr. Andrea (Drea) S. Boyles
The work and insights of SWS Secretary, Dr. Andrea (Drea) S. Boyles, are being widely featured in a variety of media outlets. Dr. Boyles’ research areas/interests are the intersections of race, gender, and class; police-citizen relations; neighborhood disadvantage and disorder; community resilience and collective action; and qualitative methods/ethnography.
Dr. Boyles is also author of books You Can’t Stop the Revolution: Community Disorder and Social Ties in Post-Ferguson America and Race, Place, and Suburban Policing: Too Close for Comfort with the University of California Press.
Andrea “Drea” S. Boyles, https://drandreasboyles.com/
- 6/16/20 – OpEd – Will Mayor Ella Jones be able to turn Ferguson Around?
- 6/15/20 – Blog – How Black women are key in setting this nation straight
- 6/12/20 – Blog – The Case for Police Abolition: How I knew it was coming and addressed it
- 6/7/20 – Interview – Demonstrations against racism: “We are trying to change 400 years of racial discrimination” (may use Google translate)
- 6/2/2020 – Quoted – Why People Loot