SWS 2023 Winter Meeting
COVID-19, Airborne Communicable Disease, and Influenza Health and Safety Protocols
Posted on November 18, 2022
SWS is carefully monitoring recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and others regarding the COVID-19, Airborne Communicable Disease and Influenza situation as we plan for the 2023 SWS Winter Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana. Meeting attendees will be required to follow all health and safety protocols mandated at the time of the meeting. We are dedicated to ensuring our attendees have a healthy and safe meeting experience. Based on current information, we are implementing the following protocols:
- Vaccinations are a mandated requirement for participation in the 2023 SWS Winter Meeting. We are collecting proof of vaccination from our attendees in our 2023 Winter Meeting Registration form.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots are highly recommended in accordance with CDC Guidelines. We recommend that you have at least one booster shot before attending the 2023 SWS Winter Meeting.
- Exemption requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be reviewed. If approved, proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arrival to New Orleans, LA will be required for non-vaccinated attendees.
- International travelers must follow CDC Travel Guidelines.
- Masks are not a requirement for participation in our programming and are optional. We ask that you respect participants’ decision to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the event spaces. And we ask that attendees follow thorough hand washing CDC recommendations.
- Childcare services and lactation rooms will follow similar health and safety policies.
- Meeting attendees are asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver that will be part of the 2023 SWS Winter Meeting Registration form.
We will all play a role in keeping our meeting as safe as possible, so we expect attendees to be responsible and caring, including when leaving the hotel. If adjustments must be made due to changes reported by the CDC, we will communicate them promptly.
Please share any questions with SWS Executive Officer, Barret Katuna, at email@example.com.
These items will be on the 2023 Winter Meeting Registration form:
- I will take personal responsibility to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 through vaccination, if I am able to be vaccinated, and by ensuring that I am healthy and not presenting any symptoms for COVID-19, other airborne communicable disease or influenza such as the flu.
- I will show respect to the other attendees of the 2023 Winter Meeting by ensuring that I am not showing symptoms for any communicable disease or influenza, and I will respect the decision of attendees who may choose to or who may not choose to wear a facial mask and maintain physical distance.